[TYPO3-typo3org] little rant about TER captcha (but not only)

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sun Jul 30 09:02:50 CEST 2006

Robert Lemke wrote:

> That's so great, really amazing! I quickly tested it and of course
> everything was fine so I installed it at typo3.org. It looks really
> nice and I guess noone will have problems with the captcha anymore.
>
> I vote for transferring the extension key to you, so it would be cool
> if you'd send Kasper a mail and ask him if that's okay.
>
> Thanks a lot! That's just the type of contribution we need!

Patrick Gaumond sent me some nice links to sites where they talk about the security
of captchas:

http://sam.zoy.org/pwntcha/

and i got some nice ideas (what about using some pre-generated fractal images as
background).

I will try that and send an example image to those guys from the above link to let
them test my captcha.

If it is good i would very well like to take over the captcha extension and keep
it up to date (i also tought about implementing it as eID script - but then changes
in the TER code would have been necessary (replacing the src="...captcha.php" with
a link to index.php with eID set)

greets,
Bernhard