[TYPO3-typo3org] [TYPO3-ect] SVN for Forms Library

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] jh at digitaldistrict.de
Tue Jul 11 13:51:05 CEST 2006

>> Jan-Hendric experiments with replication. That is a step towards an
>> solution for one question: How to host on SF and get the best of Trac at
>> the same time? This efforts need integration into the TYPO3 community as
>> well as the offer of Jive to give another channel to the news. But
>> without
>> integration the jungle of the namespace is growing until nobody finds a
>> way any more.
>
> Agreed.
> But is up to the persons who are offering new functionalities to
> coordinate
> this with TYPO3 Assoc and / or the TYPO3.org team.

I'd be fine with trac.typo3.org or something pointing to it. I guess it's
not a good idea to use trac fully, as it would compete with bugs.t3 and the
wiki. So those items should be disabled. There will be a separate trac which
just replicates very few extensions, for those who are interested in using
trac for development (tx_forms after it has been set up). This way, svn is
still hosted in it's central place at SF.

We are currently testing things to see if it's working properly, but it
seems it does...

> Concerning the replication of the SVN repository it would be no big deal
> replicate this to one of the TYPO3.org servers. Replication can easily be
> done using rsync and a cronjob. Than we could set up Trac on TYPO3.org if
> someone takes care about the layout.

Good idea, another case of doing things twice. Before I spend more time on
this, some feedback would be good. Otherwise I will just do it for those
using trac the "original" way like for tx_forms.

JH