[TYPO3-typo3org] [Typo3-typo3org] Rating of extensions

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Thu Jan 19 15:33:23 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:

> The first thing we would have done, were to initiate a user rating. If it is
> already on it's way, the better. I personally don't expect, that we can set up
> "a reliable reviewing team", at least not without charging fees to pay the
> reviewers.

Right, that's why we can't and won't do any official functional
reviewing of extensions (unless someone sponsors a dozen full-time
reviewers).

> This is what I think realistic on the review field:
>
> * user reviews comparable to book reviews on amazon. Maybe with multiple choice
> questions.

Yes, that's what is cooking right now. Three rating dimensions and a
free text field is all we need.

> * Reviews every 3 monthes in T3N

T3N is definitely not an option, as it is neither affiliated with TYPO3
nor available to non-German speakers.

> * Review connected with an award

That's your issue. And with a little more planning and official support,
this is definitely a good thing. One could, for example, use existing
ratings for selecting the candidates for the award.

Greetings,
Michael