[TYPO3-typo3org] Re: [Typo3-typo3org] Rating of extensions (about comments)

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Thu Jan 19 09:06:05 CET 2006

> User Ratings of extensions:
> - Rating with 1-5 stars and comment

I have noticed something important from a similar rating system at
www.edbpriser.dk (a danish price comparison site).

I believe that they once only had a ratings system where you could
select 0-5 stars and add a comment.
The problem at that time was that some people tend to use that ratings
system for asking questions about that product as well. That ment that
they also rated the product before they actually tried it out.
Some people rated the product with 0 stars when asking a question this
way, - so that many times had a great impact on the overall score.

All I say is that maybe we should consider this as well, so that people
don't misuse the ratings systems as a forum.

Just my thoughts.

/Stig