[TYPO3-typo3org] two articles sections.. a bif of confusion.. some proposals for typo3.org

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] daniel at typo3.org
Tue Feb 21 14:12:14 CET 2006

Hi Stefan and Michael,

Good discussion you've got going. Hope it's going to lead to good results.

> 3) it would reduce the main menu, where i'd like to propose a new main
> section.. something like "Resources".. with the idea that it could be the
> first section for a newby.
> we really need to easy the approach to typo3 development.. now it's a bit
> complicated.. too many places to go...
>
> if we collect here:
> - the "sites made with TYPO3"
> - the "Other Resources"
> - the tips&triks and snippets
> - the FAQ
> - the videos
>
> so to leave in the "Documentation" just the official docs, and here all the
> contributions that can help in the approach

I have an idea:

On .com we are using the "evaluation box" and instead of creating yet
another first level navigation item, which essentially combines content from
other topics for a newby-entry point, how about using the same function for
a "TYPO3 for newbies"-box.

I would think an introductory page, the TYPO3 beginners tutorial, TSRef and
so on, could be selected for this purpose.

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

Daniel

--