[TYPO3-typo3org] To Alex: Spam problem on support.typo3.org?

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Sun Dec 17 03:39:45 CET 2006

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I've just noticed a spam mail arriving from your server:
>
> Newsgroups: typo3.off-topic
> Subject: [Typo3-ot] forex trading - Trading Foreign Currency - currency
> trading
>
> Please investigate how this could be sent and fix the problem. Thanks!
>
> - michael

It looks like this isn't really "spam" so much as an actual post by
someone being dumb. They registered and created a real message. We've
deleted their account and the message, and set it so that new signups
have to respond to a notification email, similar to signing up for the
mailing lists. This will help at least a little, since people need to
make an intentional effort to be a part of the community before they
send out junk.

I don't always monitor these mailing lists any more, could cc my regular
email when these happen?

Thanks for pointing this out!
Happy Holidays,
Alex