[TYPO3-typo3org] Thank you for ratings on typo3.org

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Mon Aug 14 12:13:02 CEST 2006

Elmar Hinz schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I just want to say thank you for the implementation of ratings and comments
> on typo3.org. I hope a lot of people will make use of this features.
>
> I think this features will give extension developers a great kick to
> provide still better extensions.
>
> I also like the possibility to leave some comments. People can also use it
> to share tips, experiences and configurations for the extensions.

They shouldn't use it for that, maybe we should state this explicitly in
some rating rules.

> However I don't think it is the best solution for sharing this kind of
> information. php.net shows how this could be done by a board. Quickly to
> realize and very flexible would be a link to the wiki.typo3.org for every
> extension creating a new wiki page for each by linking the extension key.

Providing a link to wiki.typo3.org/ext_key is really trivial and
possibly a good idea (and we don't need to implement the old forum
anymore). If another typo3 webmaster gives a +1, I'll set that up in a
minute...

+1 for the idea.

Cheers,
Michael