[TYPO3-typo3org] Authentication against typo3.org fe_users

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Apr 26 17:57:14 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

Am 26.04.2006 um 13:09 schrieb Michael Stucki:

> I'm planning to improve the newsserver to make authentication against
> typo3.org's fe_user table possible. However, I need to know some
> information first.
>
> - Is there any interface already?

René started writing a solution based on SOAP several months ago, but
I don't know about the status of that.

> - If not, what is the best method to use?

I'm not sure - I guess the idea René had was quite nice and could
work out fine: The client site (news.typo3.org in this case) would
use a authentication service "SOAP client" which connects to a SOAP
server at TYPO3.org whenever a user wants to log in. You know? That
kind of ...

> Of course the best solution would be something that works with
> other key
> parts (Bugtracker, Wiki, etc.) as well. Perhaps the Single-Signon [1]
> project could be useful for us?

Yes, probably - although the project is a bit outdated. You might
want to ask Ekki if a more recent version is available.

Anyway - great that you want to take care of that!

Cheers,
robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development