[TYPO3-typo3org] typo3.org team - Coding & Extensions

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Fri Apr 7 09:02:13 CEST 2006

> 2. Better categorization - Nothing much has happened there for some
> time. We still have only a handful of categories, and only 1 ext- 1 cat
> relations. For this issue we definitely need help from the content team
> to tell us what categories make sense, and from the EM devs who need to
> adapt to the new categories.

I think it would be helpfull to provide something like "application
based" categories. Which means to create "extension packages" with
categories for the most used webapplications created with typo3.

like:
- Business-Site (csc, tt_news, realurl, indexed_search,...)
- Business-Site flexible (same as above but with TV)
- Accessible website (csc, cron_accessible,...)
- Blog (collection of TimTab, tt_news, csc, ...)
- Wiki
- Community

Also some extension-guide would be helpfull. By that I mean a page where
f.e. all the gallery extensions are tested and the pros and cons
described to find the gallery extension the developer is searching for.
Maybe that could be Wiki based, but be placed somewhere around the
Repository on typo3.org.

Just some suggestions.

--
Kind regards,