[TYPO3-typo3org] Ratings, another try

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Thu Apr 6 10:25:20 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

> Maybe another different approach would let the extension maintainer
> himself decide for which versions he wants to keep the ratings. So on
> uploading a new version he has to choose: "reset old votes?". So if one
> extension was bad in the past and the author decides to redo it the
> right way, he should be able to cancel all votes for previous versions
> (he'll loose all bad, but also all good votes).

Hi Ernesto,

I think it's not a good idea to let extension authors have any control
over ratings, as it is much too tempting for the *bad* authors to simply
reset all votes (remember they don't get many positive ones, so there is
no loss for them). Moreover, it would be unfair to the people who maybe
put some effort into their ratings to be simply deleted by the ext author.

Greetings,
Michael