[Typo3-typo3org] FAQ and Howto section. was: Mailing list archive, what next?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Sep 23 18:49:11 CEST 2005

Hi Steffen,

>> I don't know if the Wiki is good enough for that. Don't you think that a
>> knowledge base would fit better?
>
> Please be more precise. How do you specify a knowledge base? IMHO, a
> wiki is as a knowledge base, too.

For me a knowledge base offers categories and other criteria fields which
can restrict your search. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all I see in a Wiki
currently is full text search through one big text field.

> I like the wiki, because
> - easy workflow: anyone can add, alter or delete items.
> - no work needed altering / implementing an extension.
> - easy to use.

I agree with you, but...

> Ok, searching could be improved.

Exactly. If there are ways to restrict a topic, then I'm fine with this
solution. Otherwise I prefer a little TYPO3 extension (I think this could
be really easy, couldn't it?)

> No matter what solution will be choosen: We already have two FAQ
> sections [1]+[2] in the wiki. So if we decide to make a new FAQ attempt
> on typo3.org, all FAQs should be brought together.

ACK!

> A good working example is the Mailman FAQ. Well, it's not based on the
> mediawiki, but anyways worth a view.

Fine.

So the big question is: Who is going to work on this?
Robert, are there plans for some new FAQ already? If not:
Steffen, would you like to work on that project?

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out