[Typo3-typo3org] Mailing list archive, what next?

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Mon Sep 19 10:55:58 CEST 2005

* Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> [050919 10:24]:
> Well, I already posted another link to a web based newsclient which _does_
> provide searching!
We have SYMPA running, and made a gateway from sympa to news and vice versa.
With Sympa we also uses the Webinterface, and this has a search option which
works. I just testet it.

I think it is using mhonarc http://www.mhonarc.org/, which I donno how hard
it is to configure alone. We just configured SYMPA and it takes care of
mhonarc.

My personal favour would be SYMPA with the news gateway (if news gateway
is really needed.) Even SYMPA alone with the search function is what I
would like. The advantage would be, that we easily could put high load
Mailing lists on dedicated servers.

Juergen
--
punkt.de GmbH               Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100