[Typo3-typo3org] typo3.org Startpage and news.typo3.org

Wolfgang Zenker zenker at punkt.de
Sun Oct 23 05:29:18 CEST 2005

Good morning everyone,

some 25 minutes ago an alarm from our network monitoring got me out
of bed, because the typo3.org startpage could not be found for more
than 10 seconds. Apparently news.typo3.org is down and rebuilding
the expired cache for the startpage took a while, because the news
plugin had to wait for a server that would not answer. I would very
much appreciate if we could go back to a more "traditional" start-
page on typo3.org and replace the news plugin with a simple link
labeled "What's new" and pointing to news.typo3.org. I agree this
is in now way fancy or special and offers only such boring attributes
as "it works", but for some strange reason I believe that having
a startpage that doesn't work is no recommendation for TYPO3.

Wolfgang