[Typo3-typo3org] Fwd: http://typo3.org/extensions/ - Change Navigation & Impression

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Fri Nov 25 16:15:43 CET 2005

* Robert Lemke <robert at typo3.org> [051125 10:40]:
>  > automatic weekly newsletter with new and updated exts
>
> Good ideas! I also suggest creating an RSS feed for new extensions.

The ideas are great, but IMHO do not solve the "real" problem. There
is soooooooo much junk in the typo3.org EXT repository. And there are
many EXT that solve one tiny little problem for the second or third time.
The problem to me is, that all this "mud" is somehow honored and blessed
beeing "official", as they are on the typo3.org server. People new to
TYPO3 get this feeling, which is wrong.
We should have an "official" maintained server where only "valuable"
stuff is on. *Please* do not ask what I think is valuable! I really have
no idea. I am only saying the way it is *now* is not *good*, and does
not help TYPO3.
So we need a "somehow" rating system, which is easy enough that it is
used, and hard enough that it cannot be compromised too easy. This
is why I said: Trusted people get more points.
Alle suggestions I read before do not cure the cause, but only try to
handle the problems. IMHO we should try to cure the cause!

have fun
Juergen
--
punkt.de GmbH               TYPO3-Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100