[Typo3-typo3org] Fwd: http://typo3.org/extensions/ - Change Navigation & Impression

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Thu Nov 24 13:32:48 CET 2005

Hello,
I basically have the same idea, with on exception. It might be an idea
to give some users more power points ;-) So (only as an example)
We have
Robert, Rupert, Juergen and john-doe.

All can give a rating thru the EXT Manager in the TYPO3 BE if logged in.
*BUT* if robert rates an ext, the ext gets 100 point, if Rupert rates
it it gets 100 points if I and john-doe rates it, it only gets 1 point.
Persons that have "more power points" can apply to get them, but will
be selected by an undemocratic process. I write "undemocratic", because
I cannot find another word for it. To me its importand, that people
with more knowledge are in these rating groups, ...
PLUS: NOONE should know who is "more special" and can give more point,
so that they do not stick out and wont benefit from beeing special
"too much".
To me the information that Robert or Rupert select an extension and
say: "Hey this is good, have a look!", is "more valuable", than if "John Doe"
rates an ext.

The rating itself should be as easy as possible, I think every step that
goes into an automated system is the right way. Maybe it would be
enough if someone just could tell by pressing a button:
  "Yes, I am using this EXT"
In addition with "power points" it could help a lot to get an overview
over the EXT that are there.

Juergen

* Kasper Skårhøj <kasper2005 at typo3.com> [051124 10:29]:
> I think the most effective step we can take is to implement user rating of
> extensions and use that to order the list. Everything else; we bang our head
> into adminstration and workloads (like extension reviewing) which is
> completely impossible, even when we had like 200 extensions.
>
> - kasper
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jürgen Egeling
Geschäftsführer
public key: http://www.egeling.de/key.html
Key fingerprint = 9AB1 8365 FDEA 4293 84F2  CC84 4A8D 875C 7498 73AA
--
punkt.de GmbH               Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100