[Typo3-typo3org] Upgrade to 3.8.0 / PHP5

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue May 31 11:56:53 CEST 2005

Robert Lemke wrote:

> The TER 2.0 will require PHP5.

Hi Robert,

may I ask why TER will *require* PHP5? It has been good practice with
TYPO3 to run in any 4+ version. In fact, I do not remember *any*
extension that requires PHP5. Although TER may be targeted only for
internal use, are there really strong arguments for requiring PHP5? One
consequence I can think of is that TER 2 will not run on stock Debian
servers (since neither Sarge nor Woody have PHP5), other obstacles may
arise.
Since I am not a PHP expert: Is it worth it?

Greetings,
Michael