[Typo3-typo3org] Groupware solution helping instrument

Jörg-Alexander Roth mail at zeusmedia.de
Thu May 12 13:44:48 CEST 2005

Hi,

I would recommend vTiger (www.vtiger.com) as full OpenSource-Version (it
is based on SugarCRM, www.sugarcrm.com), because the benefits are way
better than with OpenGroupWare, eGroupware, moreGroupWare and so on.
I've been determining about 20 different solutions from OpenSource to
very expensive License stuff and vTiger made it. It is more than just a
plain CRM. Maybe you take a closer look to the online-demo. It also
comes along with several Plugins for Outlook, Office and Mozilla, so
exchange will be very easy.

@Juergen:
Did you already check out the SuSe Linux OpenExchange (SLOX) solution?
Well, it's not completely "free" but worth the 1.500 EUR. It migrates
all the isle-solutions of an enterprise to one system. There are of
course some elements missing (like a larger projectmanagement) but you
are able to expand the system on your own.

In other "news" I'm currently planning and developing a CRM-Package for
Typo3. My (and others) intention is to expand or replace the Doc-Module.
The extension-plan includes customer management, time management,
project management, document-management (filesys) and related components
from the ECM specifications (AIIM). So you will get another milestone to
raise Typo3 into the ECM-Market and on the other hand you get a neat
intranet-solution. Long-term goals are possible unified API's for ERP
and PPS to get a 'one-click-solution' for a wide field of enterprise
activities. I wouldn't call it "SAP for free", but a large number of
Typo3 users could take advantage from it. To give a project-state:
Concept in review, started planning with Jude (UML).

Regards,

Jörg