[Typo3-typo3org] OT: Blob fields in TYPO3

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Mar 18 20:41:41 CET 2005

It's me again.

>> We change almost every field in our installs because it speeds up
>> debugging from phpmyadmin.
>> BLOBS can hold both CHAR and BINARY data.
>> TEXT can hold CHAR data.
>
> Does that mean that you already do this for all of your installations?
> Would you mind to send me a list of fields & types you have changed?

I just tried to change the image field in tt_products from blob to
varchar(20).

It was good to use such a low value because now I'm aware of a little
problem: The filename is often longer than 20 and probably longer than 100
characters.

Is there anywhere a rule about length of filenames? How long should the
varchar be? Can/should it be undimensioned like the blob field was?

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html