[Typo3-typo3org] Server requirements for T3 sites

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Mar 15 19:53:03 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 17:49, Ingo Schmitt wrote:
> During our performance tests me discovered that the bottomleg in our
> setup was the database. From other projects we are shure, that there are
> serveral projects for speeding up MySQL, so we now manly think, that a
> good configured MySQL System will be able to handle more Users on one
> machine. Could this be a point to start from ?

Yes. I prefer a solution where we use TYPO3 directly instead of generating
static HTML files because then we also demonstrate the performance of TYPO3
itself.

I expect a big perfomance gain by the improved caching mechanism in
combination with a proxy. Let's try that plus tuning the MySQL server and
then see if that is enough already.

--
Robert Lemke
Assessor - TYPO3 Association