[Typo3-typo3org] typo3.org - short time todos

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Mar 15 09:59:37 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 00:32, Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hi Karsten,
>
> > Well, that's my personal view on this, of course. And I like to
> > contradict myself, so here's what flashed through my mind a minute ago:
> > Why not make ther current TER put the actual ext data into the
> > filesystem, write the md5hash of the filename into the db (into the same
> > field that now holds tha actual data)? This should be relatively easy,
> > and might already give a huge boost (AFAIK the monstrous amount of data
> > in the TER tables is a larger part of the problems...).
>
> Yes, good idea! Robert, what do you think - how long will this take?

I already started with the first lines of code about three months ago. Of
course it would have been nice starting to code the actual new repository but
I guess you are right with that we need a really quick solution to get more
time for later development.

I'll have a close look at the code and then come back with an estimation.

--
Robert Lemke
Assessor - TYPO3 Association