[Typo3-typo3org] Server requirements for T3 sites

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sat Mar 12 22:36:39 CET 2005

Hi folks,

as most of you know already, we discussed possible ways for improving the
current situation for hosting the various TYPO3 sites. Although we are
aware of the fact that the repository is possibly the main part of our
performance problems, this is only one part of the story.

The general situation with non-available servers etc. is quite dissatisfying
and so - as most of you know already - after discussing the issue with all
active members of the T3A the board decided to make a public invitation to
bid for hosting some of the official TYPO3 sites.

But before we do that officially, we need some criteria which we think would
be the best solution for hosting a site like typo3.org or .com. Now I ask
you to quickly create these criteria with me so we can proceed.

I created a simple page in the wiki [1], please enter or correct whatever
you think makes sense and explain it in this list. Also think about what
parts would make sense to split up (typo3.org and typo3.com is clear
enough, but what about teams.typo3.org, documentation.typo3.org,
users.typo3.org etc.?)

And whatever ideas you might have for a nice future-proof hosting solution,
please write it down either in the wiki or in this list. In the end we
should create a small document containing all important information.

Thanks for your help.

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/T3Sites#Official_TYPO3_websites

--
robert