[Typo3-typo3org] Downtimes of typo3.org

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Mar 12 18:33:33 CET 2005

Hi Jan-Hendrik,

> it would be great if you can send a mail, I am not monitoring this list
> regulary.

Not this list and (obviously?) not the servers! I think you should
definitely do this soon (not only cause problems with typo3.org have rised
in the past weeks...).

> Next thing would be to establish a mysql-cluster, and another webserver.
> We are right before that, but waiting for 2 things. Timetable on
> ter-replication, and timetable for typo3.org-proxy. Kasper is not coming
> up with a rough schedule for the update. We are on hold at the moment.

Well, you should at least set up a monitoring software plus you (or Robert)
should upgrade to TYPO3 3.8.0 as soon as possible (Cache-control headers!).

> And if work will be done on TER, the mysql-cluster would also not be
> needed at all, just some failover solution which would make it easier. We
> already have a solution for that as well. MySQL is not yet the problem,
> but will be very soon if traffic doubles every less-than-a-year. The
> version of TER right now (and rest of typo3.org, which is not much) makes
> use of a whole dual-xeon. But you already know those problems. We did
> those analysis a half a year ago...

Is there any information about that?

Regards, michael
--