[Typo3-typo3org] Downtimes of typo3.org

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [NF] jh at netfielders.de
Sat Mar 12 13:34:10 CET 2005

Hello RL,

it would be great if you can send a mail, I am not monitoring this list
regulary.

One of the webserver did produce wrong results and mixed things up, that's
fixed.

Next thing would be to establish a mysql-cluster, and another webserver. We
are right before that, but waiting for 2 things. Timetable on
ter-replication, and timetable for typo3.org-proxy. Kasper is not coming up
with a rough schedule for the update. We are on hold at the moment. We'd
need to buy 2 additional servers right now, but if we can enable the 2
proxies we have already set up (one here, one US), it will not be necessary
at all and those couple of  servers will be enough for some long time!

And if work will be done on TER, the mysql-cluster would also not be needed
at all, just some failover solution which would make it easier. We already
have a solution for that as well. MySQL is not yet the problem, but will be
very soon if traffic doubles every less-than-a-year. The version of TER
right now (and rest of typo3.org, which is not much) makes use of a whole
dual-xeon. But you already know those problems. We did those analysis a half
a year ago...

JH

news:mailman.49.1110622451.1576.typo3-team-typo3org at lists.netfielders.de...