Whitelist extension (was: Re: [Typo3-typo3org] Comments on themirroring concept)

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Thu Mar 10 10:47:20 CET 2005

* JoH <info at cybercraft.de> [050310 10:41]:
> I don't see the legal problem, since any extension and TYPO3 itself are
> GPLed. GPL states clearly that there is no warranty at all.
GPL is not proved in germany.
> So reviewing extensions and giving recommendations is something that still
> gives no warranty but a better feeling for the end users.
You really want to say this in a country where one court said, that someone
is *responsible* for the things that are written on a webpage where he just
links to?
> "Dermatologisch getestet", that doesn't say anything but gives you a better
> feeling when putting those chemicals into your face ...
So better feeling without having more technical security. So where does this
"feeling" come from? From the testing, if so what if something was wrong
tested?

> So it is not legally relevant but good for marketing ...
It will be legal, if someone puts it to court.

I really do not want to be in the testing group. At least we have to
tell them that there might be problems.

Juergen