[Typo3-typo3org] Re: [t3a-internal] News repository online!

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Jun 29 21:28:32 CEST 2005

Hello Jürgen,

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 20:43, Juergen Egeling wrote:
> We notice problems with TYPO3.org since about 4-5 hours.
> It seems the caching for the frontpage does not work, or
> it is only cached for a small time.

I already talked with Wolfgang some hours ago, so no need to discuss it
again ...

But anyways:

> If the frontpage is not in the cache, the "page beeind generated"
> pops up, the mysql machine gets about 600 connectsin about 1 sec, and
> the whole system hangs.

The only change is that the expiry time of the frontpage is not "default" (=24
hours) anymore but "5 minutes". That usually should no be a problem but it is
in our case because at the moment the cache is flushed, hundreds of FE users
trigger the rendering of the page which brings up load very fast.

> So there needs to be a change. It is not possible to run the system
> as it is *now*. Please talk to Wolfgang regarding this matter.

I switched cache of the frontpage back to "default" and Wolfgang wanted to
contact Karsten via the typo3org list so they can find a solution with 5
minute caching that works.

> > I'll be on holidays from tomorrow on and return at 9th of July. When I'm
> > back
>
> Aehem, you *really* put a new version on typo3.org and go on holiday
> the day after? Wow.

Ahem, that new version is online since 2 days now and it is not a new version
but rather just a new content element. Plus you don't depend on me, you have
Karsten, Julle and Kasper at least who can solve such problems.

> > Well, so far the breaking news, have a great time
>
> Na, not breaking news, it broken server!
>
> *Please* inform Wolfgang next time. We try t odo our best, but
> we need to work *together*.

I ignore this better as you know the facts now.

Cheers,
robert