[Typo3-typo3org] TER2 suggestions

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Aug 11 12:22:43 CEST 2005

Hi list,
I want to give you my 2 cents about TER2 functionality:

1. Categories
Rename todays Categories field to Type. And add a new Category
field which allows an extension to belong to more than one
Category. And the list of categories should (of course) be
dynamic, not hardcoded.

2. Backend manager group
Add a possibility to "assign" an extension (or a whole
extensions category) to a backend usergroup.
This BE usergroup should have the possibility to do all the
things an author can do, plus:
 - Add comments and/or ratings
 - In some ways override the author's choices

I think this would improve the possibility to find extensions a
lot and maybe in the long run encourage people to improve old
extensions instead och making new ones all the time?

The category list chould be something like at HotScripts:
 http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/index.html

(And yes, I can help if we have to "re-categorise" extensions.
It is a boring job, but not very difficult if we have well
defined Types and Categories.)

/Peter Kindström