[Typo3-typo3org] concept for snippet archive

Sacha Vorbeck sachav at gmx.net
Wed Apr 27 09:45:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I'm glad this idea is being put forward, as I have also proposed a TYPO3
> cookbook at various occasions.

Sorry, I missed that as well as Thomas project.

> May I suggest to shamelessly steal ideas
> from the Python cookbook,

Nice, although navigation and selection/copy of code snippets could be
improved IMHO.

> 1. comments (there exists a general comments plugin in TER which we
> could reuse for that, or the one working on typo3.org although I don't
> know if it's public and/or generally usable).

I hope that the one already running on .org will work for this, too.

> 2. Ratings/Editor's Pick/Snippet of the week/month/year/all time

cool features, will add them for the 2nd step.

> 3. Let's see if we can use this extension as a generic example for a fe
> plugin because we have:
..
> This looks pretty generic, in the sense that a *lot* of plugins do
> basically the same thing (only with other labels/tables), right?

right, this is why thought about using Rupis tt_news for it. Our main
goal is to get it working ASAP, then we can build in advanced/cool
features that require more programming work.

--
Ciao,
Sacha