[Typo3-typo3org] documentation.typo3.org

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Apr 15 11:11:42 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 22:42, Robert Lemke wrote:
> There are many ways to work with documents and my never answered question
> since a two years now is: What format should we use internally so we don't
> loose the semantics while converting between the different formats we need?
>
> I still think that the combination of Documents Suite, timtaw, TYPO3 BE
> editing and DocBook is a killer feature - if we find an interchange format.
> Maybe it's some XML application like the OASIS Open Office 2.0? DocBook?

I tried to make a connection between our need for a manual format and the
general need for working with documents some TYPO3 users have. Maybe we can't
have this connection, because a manual is too structured and the OASIS XML
offers too less semantics.

Those who have experience with DocBook and OpenOffice and who are in favour of
using it: Can you prepare a document demonstrating how working with DocBook
in OpenOffice looks like in the reality?

If that is as easy as writing manuals with OpenOffice like we do now, I don't
see a reason *not* switching to DocBook. But that wouldn't be a short-term
project and must be well planned ...

--
Robert Lemke
Assessor - TYPO3 Association