[Typo3-typo3org] documentation.typo3.org

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Apr 13 21:12:34 CEST 2005

Hi list,
We had a little discussion about the DocBook format for Typo3 in
the documentation list. We did not come to any conclusion, but I
think:
- Right now OOo is a better choice
- The docTeam should keep an eye on the DocBook format and tools
- Maybe in a year or two we are ready to change format
- Before we change format, we have to have a platform, editor,
structure, doc tools and policy ready.
- The change have to be well organised, maybe by a dedicated
docTeam?

Right now we have a lot of independent(?) documentation projects
and ideas going on:
 - Timtaw
 - documentation.typo3.org
 - DocBook format
 - The wiki
 - Documents Suite
 - DAM

One problem, from my point of view is that I see no
syncronisation or common goal with all this - it seems like
every project has its own point of view for the documentation.

That is a little bit sad, because I think we risk wasting time
and effort. Do we know what we want with the Typo3
documentation? I don´t think so, but that is were we really
should discuss ideas and make a decision for the future.

Not easy, but when we have that goal, we automatically know what
tools we need to realise these goals! And then we can just go
ahead! So we should:
 - Have one coordinator for the above projects/ideas
 - Discuss what documentation we want in the future

/Peter Kindström