[Typo3-typo3org] The next steps

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Apr 13 09:11:18 CEST 2005

Hi Jan-Hendrik,

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 01:30, Jan-Hendrik Heuing [NF] wrote:
> >       - For refactoring the current TER we need a testing / development
> >         platform. Who creates and maintains such a platform?
>
> You always have access to the virtuozzo-nodes, you can always add a virtual
> server for it. If that's interesting, we can always handle it if you do not
> feel comfortable with it doing it yourself. But as offers are already
> available, it might not be needed anyway.

That's a good idea. So I suggest that you or I create a new virtual server and
someone creates working TYPO3 installations with all we need.

> >       - For refactoring the current TER we also need unit tests. Who can
> >         compile all the neccessary information so we can quickly
> > integrate unit tests in the current extrep_mgm extension?
>
> If I remember right Sven did already do something like this, but I might be
> wrong. The other thing is Butsch is into unit-tests, but on Java-Level. I
> can ask him if he wants to take care of it.

I think the most important part with this is a thorough knowledge about PHP
and the extension repository, the unit testing part is not that difficult. If
I remember right, there was also some tutorial at http://www.phpunit.de/en/

We should discuss all this in a separate thread. I'd also like to use the PHP5
version of PHPunit, so we'll have to figure out if we want to switch
TYPO3.org to PHP5.

> >  - news.typo3.org: 10% work is left for deploying the centralized news
> >    repository. Who would like to administer and take responsibility for
> > the
> >    news site in the long run? Who organizes recruitment of editors and
> >    assures quality of the articles? Team up with DocTeam?
>
> As long as it's not editing content, we can do it. It's already hosted on a
> virtual server, so that's no problem I guess. What tasks would be included
> here ?

I imagine that we need someone responsible for each sub site who cares about
user administration upgrades etc. Also if we have to implement a new
site-wide design for .org, that person would integrate the new design into
his sub-site.

Cheers,
robert

--