[Typo3-typo3org] The next steps

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue Apr 12 17:29:46 CEST 2005

Sven Wilhelm wrote:
> If you really think twice about that, it's cleaner and a really longtime
> solution (also I think it's faster by implementation).

YEAH!
Like i told (post above)

Using LDAP for authenticating typo3.orgs users has several big advantages:

1) we are going to get a fully tricked out extension for LDAP usage
(including changing your details via typo3) :)
2) The task that's called for is exactly what directories are made for
3) we can connect a LOT of stuff to LDAP, think about chats, mailinglist
accounts, backend accounts, nuclear missile launch facilities...)

I'd go for a directory.

Thumbs up Sven

--
No Subject - No Realname - No Service!