[Typo3-typo3org] Hosting the TYPO3 sites

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Tue Apr 12 09:39:26 CEST 2005

Hi,

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [NF] schrieb:
[...]
> So, the idea was to also move those webservers to the virtuozzo platform,
> which we were already running on other servers. Virtuozzo separates between
> the real hardware node and virtual servers.

Does anybody have any figures on how effcient such a "virtual layer" is?

To me it just doesn't feel very good to have a highload-site served by
some "virtual-layer", being it virtuzzo or vmware.

I might be wrong, but just want to throw in my "feeling" and would like
to hear some pros and cons about it from the "server-guys".

[...]

Cheers,
Peter
--