[Typo3-typo3org] Hosting the TYPO3 sites

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun Apr 10 22:23:00 CEST 2005

Hi.

Sven Wilhelm wrote:
>> I can send you the schema for PostgreSQL, empty as well as with "static"
>> data.
> Nice, could you not publish it for all or is this work in an early
> stage? But if you would send it to me, thanks a lot.

Well, just the schema doesn't help 99.9% of the people, and the others
wouldn't need the schema, as they would use DBAL anyway, and could use the
install tool as usual.

> I did not get DBAL up and running. The Code that I had didn't contain
> the external libraries, after integrating them I also didn't get it up
> and running.

I have it running, and I would certainly live to hear what didn't work for
you, and why.

>>>* Real dependencies inside the database (that breaks typo3 totally :)
>> What do you mean with "real dependencies"?
> Sorry was not really wake up when writing this :)
> I meant referential integrity.

You can define as many foreign keys as you want in MySQL, if the underlying
storage engine doesn't support them, they are ignored - that's it. So for
the foreign keys we want the same thing, and should work on this together.
Whether this breaks TYPO3 will be seen :)

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns