[Typo3-typo3org] Hosting the TYPO3 sites

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Sun Apr 10 21:20:05 CEST 2005

> I can send you the schema for PostgreSQL, empty as well as with "static"
> data.
Nice, could you not publish it for all or is this work in an early
stage? But if you would send it to me, thanks a lot.

> Hm. This is the same database schema, just for PostgreSQL. I can create that
> by setting up everything with DBAL - and then use manual work rather to add
> foreign key constraints, etc. Or am I off track here?
I did not get DBAL up and running. The Code that I had didn't contain
the external libraries, after integrating them I also didn't get it up
and running.

> Heh. Object-relational stuff *is* cool, but the we'd probably have to switch
> to PostgreSQL in a way like we now depend on MySQL - bye-bye abstraction.
Not really. The question is WHAT is implemented WHERE!
Object-relational stuff is possible forward and backward as long as you
implement it clean. You only have to implement something for new IDs.
In full relational databases it's called a sequence :)

The reason why mysql seems to be faster as other databases is that they
get rid of all the real relational database stuff, but this stuff is
needed for real data integrity.

But lets discuss that on another thread :)

>>* Real dependencies inside the database (that breaks typo3 totally :)
> What do you mean with "real dependencies"?
Sorry was not really wake up when writing this :)
I meant referential integrity.

Greets