[Typo3-typo3org] Hosting the TYPO3 sites

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun Apr 10 00:27:50 CEST 2005

Hi.

Sven Wilhelm wrote:
> for a pragmatic start, only the class t3lib_db has to be migrated as I
> know. Only this and a timetrack class were printed on a grep mysql_.
> So by converting this class there shouldn't be any overhead.

Ah, so you'd just recode the needed parts for PostgreSQL. Did you try this?
Is it that easy?

>> Plus, to make use of stored procedures, those would have to be written,
>> and to make use of prepared queries, those would have to be actively
>> supported.
> Writing those is no problem, and have some special solutions for
> typo3.xxx should also be no problem as long as the problems are solved
> first. What parts of the discussion are long-terms, which are short-terms?

Well, whatever is done, I think upgrading to 3.8.0 and enable some proxy is
faster and thus more efficient right now.

And although something might not be a problem (technically), it still can be
in terms of time and organization. :/

> The only really dirty thing is the typo3 database schema, it's just
> written down, no big optimizations. To convert this to a good
> psql-schema there is a little bit of work. Have partly done this, but
> there is a big chance for more optimizations.

Well, optimizing the schema makes sense for MySQL, too. One *can* have
referential integrity enforced with MySQL, too. Would you mind sharing with
me what you did so far?

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns