[TYPO3-hci] TYPO3 4.2 blog entry

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sun May 18 19:54:10 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,
>> It just came into my mind when I read your posts. How about a option
>> to change the way "tabs"/fieldgroups get rendered?
>
> Well... I have different thing in my mind. I would go for a complete
> rethinking the concept of BE and complete redesign of elements. It is
> not natural way to save "Insert text" or "Insert text with image" and to
> "Specify access options" to it. This is technical thinking, not
> user-oriented thinking. I would prefer "Add content" with "Drop image
> where you want" and "Show this part from ... to ...".
>
> I think out biggest problem is that we all try to improve existing
> thing, while it needs to be ~replaced~.

You're right - it's all just workarounds, trying to deal with currently
available approaches. Of course a completely new concept would be best,
but wasn't it you, who said that this would take too much time and thus
might never be done?
Question is - is it worth doing such a major work for 4.x or start with
it for 5.0? Second question would be - can the really old wholy cow of
backwards compatibility finally get replaced by a shiny new calf that
only inherited the best genes - at least for the backend.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch