[TYPO3-hci] TYPO3 4.2 blog entry

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun May 18 14:53:12 CEST 2008

"Franz Koch" <typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1211112711.389.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey guys,
>>> Refering to the blog from Hannes, I think he see the use of "tabbed
>>> menu" in content elements, for instance "General | Text | Media |Access"
>>> on top of Text w/image is a tabbed menu, making the users both a bit
>>> confused and making need for more mouse clicks than necessary.
>>
>> Ok. We call them just "tabs" :) Now it is clear. I agree they are not
>> very good and now users have to make more clicks than they did before.
>
> It just came into my mind when I read your posts. How about a option to
> change the way "tabs"/fieldgroups get rendered?
>
> Tabs really might not be the best way to group fields when the interface
> has been limited to only a bunch of form fields, because you need to
> scroll to the top of the form and click. How about a alternative to tabs
> and use a expand/collapse interface like it's used by IRRE? Ok, you would
> still need to do the additional click - but you can just click in place
> and we could provide a "expand/collapse all" button somewhere or a option
> "always expand all" or something. So it'll be something like a extended
> version of the "secondary options".
>
> But it should be an alternative way of rendering "tabs".

I have a concept to do it like this. First the dynTabs has to be rewritten,
then it is possible to show them in different ways:
* as tabs (same like now)
* as accordion (collapse/expand, only show one at once)
* single collapse and expand divs

These options should be configurable (default) and changeable on demand
using click option on the page

vg Steffen
vg Steffen