[TYPO3-hci] list view in 4.2 - 1024px screen res

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue May 13 13:58:55 CEST 2008

"Krystian Szymukowicz" <t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1210677692.4266.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> "Krystian Szymukowicz" <t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1209968495.2339.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
>>> hi
>>>
>>> in 4.2 in list view there was a change in placement of icons (edit
>>> record, info, history, copy, cut, paste etc.)
>>>
>>> At 1024px screens the block with copy, paste, cut is now out of screen
>>> and you need to move horizontal bar to see and use copy, paste record
>>> function.
>>>
>>> As edit/copy/cut/paste/hidden is the mostly used command I suggest to
>>> group them at the beginning, right after record title.
>>>
>>> Has anyone the same feelings about that?
>>>
>>> --
>>> grtz
>>> Krystian
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> DD08 coding night was a good time to make a patch for this issue. Now
>> i've published it, look at
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8383
>> and core list. I declared it as a bugfix because IMHO it's a big
>> usability problem with smaller screen resolutions.
>> The patch is very simple.
>>

> many thanks for taking care of that - it works but... the problem seems to
> be more complicated.
>
> The block with copy, paste is accessible now without scrolling
> but I have to scroll to go for 'hide', 'delete' :(
> I do not know which buttons average users use more: (copy, cut) or (hide,
> delete).
>
> It is not even a problem of 1024px screens now  - why to go for
> 'hide','delete' so far right. Why 'versioning', 'history', info', etc. are
> before 'hide','delete'. Is the order random?
>
> Seems like the problem goes into "how to sort the buttons wisely".
> Knowing people it must end up in individual button order but a path for
> that will not be so simple and additionally will slow down the process of
> rendering list. So we need a good default. A survey?
>

> --
> grtz
> Krystian

Hi,

as the list view will refactored in 4.3 anyway this would be only a
temporary solution.
I'm sure that with the new list view it can be arranged ny configutation.

vg Steffen