[TYPO3-hci] list view in 4.2 - 1024px screen res

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Tue May 13 13:21:31 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> "Krystian Szymukowicz" <t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1209968495.2339.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
>> hi
>>
>> in 4.2 in list view there was a change in placement of icons (edit record,
>> info, history, copy, cut, paste etc.)
>>
>> At 1024px screens the block with copy, paste, cut is now out of screen and
>> you need to move horizontal bar to see and use copy, paste record
>> function.
>>
>> As edit/copy/cut/paste/hidden is the mostly used command I suggest to
>> group them at the beginning, right after record title.
>>
>> Has anyone the same feelings about that?
>>
>> --
>> grtz
>> Krystian
>
> Hi,
>
> DD08 coding night was a good time to make a patch for this issue. Now i've
> published it, look at
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8383
> and core list. I declared it as a bugfix because IMHO it's a big usability
> problem with smaller screen resolutions.
> The patch is very simple.

many thanks for taking care of that - it works but... the problem seems
to be more complicated.

The block with copy, paste is accessible now without scrolling
but I have to scroll to go for 'hide', 'delete' :(
I do not know which buttons average users use more: (copy, cut) or
(hide, delete).

It is not even a problem of 1024px screens now  - why to go for
'hide','delete' so far right. Why 'versioning', 'history', info', etc.
are before 'hide','delete'. Is the order random?

Seems like the problem goes into "how to sort the buttons wisely".
Knowing people it must end up in individual button order but a path for
that will not be so simple and additionally will slow down the process
of rendering list. So we need a good default. A survey?

--
grtz
Krystian