[TYPO3-hci] Combine page and list module into one module

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Mon May 12 10:49:50 CEST 2008

>> 4) Combine the page and the list module. If a page has been opened in
>> the pagetree, show the page view. If a sysfolder has been opened, show
>> the list view.
>
> And how do you plan to manage domain records on pages then?

I am for leaving "list module " and "page module" unchanged..
... but change only the way they are called.

This is important.
BY DEFAULT: "If a page has been opened in the pagetree, show the page
view. If a sysfolder has been opened, show the list view."

But this is only default. If there are domain records or any other
records you can always switch to "list view".

Additionally:
a) in PageTS there should be settings that allows to override what
module will be called by default (for example you have page/tt_content
records in sysfolder)

b) there should be settings that allow to remove "Web->List" so normal
user do not see 'list module' in the left panel but can access it.

This way normal user will never noticed that there are 2 different
modules and usually will have no need to switch to 'list view' by
himself (although there will be such possibility - in 4.2 there is small
icon in page view that allows to switch to 'list view').

--
grtz
Krystian