[TYPO3-hci] TYPO3 4.2 blog entry

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Sun May 11 11:48:45 CEST 2008

> [...] But no one will change TYPO3 Backend so much. It requires huge development and no one will sponsor it. I would say it will take at least half a year full time to make a completely new Backend, which keeps all TYPO3 power but makes it in a simple friendly and effective way.

 Yes, 184 days to come up with a document which is a compromise,
pleasing all end every resisting voice, and 1 day to detect, he just has
to upgrade the version number of t3skin.

 The problem is old and everywhere, the change does not come because
it's too much, it's because of conservatism ("we can't make that change
there?", "yes", "why?", "it breaks typo3 in IE <6"). Obviously it is
nessessary to search for a different GUI-renderer instead of a different
GUI-backend. Then GUI is no thing of core-developers anymore, I can have
my own GUI-renderer (and I don't need to care about IE at all) exactly
because I don't need to cover every case since typo3's existence (50+
Browsers?, 25+ OSs?), then there are poping up 20 other and the problem
of "everybody's freezed" doesn't exist anymore.

Just develop a layouter and a widget.set (awt/swing-style, not the API
or the stupid stuff, the concept) and lean back. I once programmed a
medium Intranet, after three days I startet a js/php-widget library. And
it's also relative incomplicated work, because without actually changing
the functionality of the backend, it all still looks the same, if only
35 of the 56 tables are really rendered by the new system is invisible.

Ciao
    Niels