[TYPO3-hci] list view in 4.2 - 1024px screen res

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue May 6 08:56:55 CEST 2008

"Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]" <ernst at cron-it.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1210013221.5254.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Benjamin Mack wrote: on 05.05.2008 10:00:
>> I don't think so... :(
>>
>> Doing fundamental changes in the UI even in bugfixing releases bothers
>> people even more than doing UI changes in major releases ;-)
>>
>> Let's see if we can get 4.3 out in time to fix this issue, don't you
>> think?
>>
>> Or let's create an extension via XCLASSing :)
>
> That sounded like a joke, but I guess it could be a good idea.
>
> We could have a extension called "t3hci43" that would be the "work in
> progress" of the HCI team for the new 4.3 UI, consisting of XCLASSes on
> 4.2 classes for now. This would make it possible to test the new usability
> concepts in a bigger field than having a branch or some other "techie" way
> to patch the 4.2 installation to get the new stuff.
>
> So whoever is not satisfied with 4.2 usability could install the t3hci43
> "4.2 UI enhancer" and vote on what he finds good or not. Or even
> participate in its development.
>
> Merging that back to 4.3 would be a good amount of work of course, but
> maybe that could also be done step by step as new stuff from the
> experimental extension is acclaimed as "good" (tm) by enough people
> ("mass" opinions and regular core list votes...).
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto

Hi,

it sounds not bad but i think it's bit complicate.
People working on core write patch, which can easy tested by applying the
patch. Writing an extension with xclass is double work.
And to have an hci-suggested extension, we need a coordinator, a special
discipline in team work.

For major changes this is a possibility to show it anyway.

vg Steffen