[TYPO3-hci] Visual feedback on clicks

Michiel Roos [netcreators] michiel at netcreators.com
Wed Jul 23 22:33:11 CEST 2008

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schreef:
> Even with all "server" and "caching" tweaking the UI is still very slow
> in the backend. For example if I reload (or login) to TYPO3, the backend
> modules to the left build up very slowly, whereas it was usually
> "instantly" there in previous versions. Backend loads in 5-6s now, where
> it used to load in 1-2s. I hope we can see some news on that area before
> 4.3. :)

Hi Ernesto,

Word on the street is that a JS merger is in the works in a test branch
. . . .

Check it out here:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/typo3v4-listmodule

Still loads too much CSS though. That should be improved too.

The slow loading of the left module thingie sounds strange to me.

What if you open that frame in a new tab, then clear the browser cache
and see what tools like
- Firebug -> Net
- Yslow

Have to say about the components that get loaded on that frame and what
components have the worst response time.

Maybe it's not TYPO3 core but some fancy module working its slow magick?

Regards,

Michiel

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/