[TYPO3-hci] Constants Editor Enhancements

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Jan 10 21:41:58 CET 2008

Hey guys,
I've been working on a small usability enhancement for the Constants
Editor. I've always been a little annoyed by clicking on the checkbox
and refreshing to enable a constant for editing. For a new user, it
gets really confusing when the constant is a boolean.  They click one
checkbox which just causes another one to display right beside it.

To this end, I've been toying with tweaked UI for this. You can see a
quick demo at:
<http://webempoweredchurch.com/fileadmin/proj/misc/constants_editor.mp4

I still need to do some cleanup on the underlying code, but before
this goes to the core list I wanted to get your feedback on what I
hope is a nice usability improvement

Any suggestions or other feedback on this?

Thanks,
Jeff