[TYPO3-hci] Why t3skin sucks right now?

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Wed Apr 16 18:15:46 CEST 2008

Hello,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> - The background grey is a bit cold and the contrast it not well-thought-out

this is the most annoying one for me. When just changing one thing it's
no problem but looking at all those combined greys is just depressing
when working with that skin a whole day.

I don't know if my next point is a skinning issue, but I'll mention it
anyway:
I think the select box in 4.2 for selecting "Constant Editor",
"Info/Modify" [...] in template module is too far on the right side. It
is a really long way for my mouse to go there. That of course applies to
the other appearances of this select box as well but I just found it
really annoying in template module as I use that a lot.

Next:
Missing (or hard to see) hover effect in page tree.

And another:
Irritating arrow in help texts.
The arrow seems to indicate that there is more help available. However,
I introduced one of my customers today to the new skin and those help
texts and she just kept trying to click the arrow - what worked but
ended in the help text disappearing three out of four times because she
went to far down or sideways with her mouse and out of the help text.

Last one for now:
The search fields in page module seem somewhat messy. I can't pin this
down, it's just a feeling.

HTH,

Susanne