[TYPO3-hci] Editing records

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Wed Nov 14 13:54:23 CET 2007

Hey,

as you might know, there is a new alpha coming these days. It has some
changes to the alt_doc.php page when editing records.

On every page you have three checkboxes.

  * Show secondary options (palettes)
  * Show field descriptions
  * Disable Rich Text Editor (RTE)

I'd like to remove these from there, and migrate them to other places.

* Show secondary options palette
If you select this option right now, all option palettes on all pages
will be displayed. I usually use this feature once to turn them on. So I
think they should go to "User" => "Setup" where people can turn them on
or off. Apart from that I also want to have the state of a  single
options palette stored in the UC. So if people don't want to see all of
them but has expanded one of them, it stays. What do you think?

* Show field descriptions
This is basically a more verbal description of the field. I'd like to
see this when you hover over the items, this can be done through AJAX or
something similar. It should be displayed once somebody hovers over the
title (or the help icon) and waits for 0.5 seconds. This way we have the
info there and no checkbox needed. We could of course have this option
as well in the UC to activate the info on all fields (as it is right
now). I know people who have it activated, but then for all items and
all the time, so it's not needed to be rendered at ever page.

* Disable Rich Text Editor (RTE)
This is IMHO obsolete as there is an option in the User => Setup module
already. This should be streamlined and be available there as well and
can then be removed in the alt_doc.php. Or are there people who use this
checkbox extensively?

Now I just want to get some feedback from you: Do you use these
checkboxes SO many times that they should stay down there.

If the majority agrees, I'd like to make this happen for 4.2. (Any help
is completely encouraged, send me an email if you're interested in work
on that).

--
greetings,
benni.