[TYPO3-hci] some wordings from BE

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Nov 14 10:18:59 CET 2007

"Franz Koch" <typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1195031168.27977.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi,
>> with useraccess i'm sure because i use it that way.
>> Loginmode i never used before (what is the sense if there is an option in
>> user access for?)
>
> Good that you mention the login mode again. I didn't really think about it
> before. It has nothing to do with visibility or access settings as far as
> I know, but with caching.
> The 'login mode' is important for the 'send cache headers' feature. When
> setting the login mode, you can define that pages send cache headers (and
> thus get cached by the proxy, browser,...) even if a fe_user is logged in
> and there might be fe_user specific content. In fact you ensure TYPO3 with
> that flag, that there is *no* fe_user specific content on that page and
> that it can be fully cached.

do you know where in source this is done? When i searched for i found it in
tslib_fe => checkIfLoginAllowedInBranch()
and it's used in this context:

// Checks if user logins are blocked for a certain branch and if so, will
unset user login and re-fetch ID.

but i don't get the sense either.

vg  STeffen