[TYPO3-hci] Doktypes: Advanced and a new one

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Nov 13 08:23:07 CET 2007

Hi,

>> And I would suggest to find a better naming for 'external URL' - not
>> every editor is that firm with terms to understand that (sad but
>> unfortunately true).
>> Maybe still 'redirect', 'link to foreign content' or just maybe
>> 'custom hyperlink' .

I ment the term 'url' with this.

>> The terms 'internal' and 'external' are not the
>> user friendliest either - even if they are correct - they have a bit
>> to technical background.

> -1 The adjectives 'internal' and 'external' are normal words. The
> problem might be the term 'URL', so 'External page' or 'Foreign page'
> might be a solution.

well, but these two suggestions are 'limiting' the expected
functionality to pages, but you can also link to pictures, documents and
so on. So the term 'page' shouldn't be used either.

And 'external' as well as 'internal' are quite misleading when you have
a intranet and/or extranet in one TYPO3 instance, or have a internal
area for members and a 'external'/public website. So I would also drop
these terms, as they are (as mentioned before) more related to their
technical background (inside TYPO3 DB or outside TYPO3 DB).

So 'custom link' might suite best.

>> Shortcut could also be renamed if you think that it conflicts with the
>> shortcut feature of BE - it's more a 'reference' then.
>> Or just rename the 'shortcut' feature of the BE to something else -
>> like 'favorites' (which they are).
> +1 for 'favorites'! Perhaps 'bookmarks' are a less OS dependent term.

'Bookmarks' sounds good. +1 for that.

--
Kind regards,
Franz