[TYPO3-hci] Doktypes: Advanced and a new one

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Thu Nov 8 21:07:40 CET 2007

Uschi Renziehausen schrieb:
> Hi folks,

>>> sounds good to me. Redirect is even a better description of what is
>>> happening from a editors point of view.

> I do favour the idea of relabeling 'Shortcut' to 'Redirect', because
> this way we avoid the confusion of shortcut in the bottom bar and the
> page type. But the idea of getting rid of 'External Page' gets a -5 from
> me. The shortcut and external page might have something in common for
> professionals, but for ordinary editors? Furthermore I do find it
> convenient to see which pages are external pages, and you even might
> like to set a different css class external page.
>
> Just my 5 cents, Uschi

Agreed. Shortcut and ext URL are not the same. Not for the editor and
not technically.

NOTE: a shortcut does not do a HTTP redirect! While some argue it
should, it just doesn't do.

Anyway, I see no merit in merging them. They have a different feature
set (shortcut mode!) and two disticnt field types URL + scheme vs page id.

Masi