[TYPO3-hci] Doktypes: Advanced and a new one

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Thu Nov 8 17:17:47 CET 2007

Hi folks,

>>> BTW: Couldn't we merge "External Link" and "Shortcut" to "Redirect" and
>>> then have an link chooser like in the RTE (where you can choose external,
>>> internal, mailto, file) ?
>> sounds good to me. Redirect is even a better description of what is
>> happening from a editors point of view.
>>
>>> Then we'd only have:
>>>
>>> * Standard (incl. Advanced)
>>> * Redirect
>>> * Container
>>> * Spacer
>>> * SysFolder
>>> * Trash

I do favour the idea of relabeling 'Shortcut' to 'Redirect', because
this way we avoid the confusion of shortcut in the bottom bar and the
page type. But the idea of getting rid of 'External Page' gets a -5 from
me. The shortcut and external page might have something in common for
professionals, but for ordinary editors? Furthermore I do find it
convenient to see which pages are external pages, and you even might
like to set a different css class external page.

Just my 5 cents, Uschi